Saturday, September 17, 2016

Work golf tournament!


Hey Gang,

So two Fridays ago I had my 4 ball best ball work tournament. The funny thing about this tournament is that in past years I have spent a lot of energy preparing for it. Even though it is just 4 ball best ball tournament and really doesn't mean much to help a golfer improve. This year I started playing golf to improve. Not to prepare for the tournament. I have also been talking about my golf improvement over the summer. So my only goal was to not embarrass myself. You know I have been talking about golf for the last few months and I wouldn't want to show up to the tournament and play badly.

As it turns out the tone of my day was much like my first tee off. We got their early and I was able to warm up. However I had the pressure of playing with people I talked about my golf game. So I wanted to hit well. It was a double shot gun start and we had some work friends in front of us so we asked the group on our hole if we could hit in front of them. They said yes. So I got up to hit first. I hit a really nice drive up just off the fairway. My partners hit well but we took my shot to hit from next. We also took my next shot. And then my chip on. Someone else putted out before I had my chance. So my golf day started off well.

We had a good day. Weather was beautiful. We used my shots a lot but not all of them.

Highlights for me: I teed off one short par 4 and was in the woods. So was one of the foursome. So I asked if the other two minded if I hit a mulligan before they teed off. This was late in the day so they said sure. The hole was 257 yards from the tee box. I smashed it and put the ball about 10 yards from the hole just off the green. The other two in the foursome decided they didn't need to tee off.

I also hit the green from the tee for the "closest to the hole". However I was still 5-6 yards away from the previous player marker.

I was also able to show Rob Bernard's driving technique to one of the foursome. She hadn't played much golf and was struggling with her drives. I offered and she accepted to try the technique. One her first try she hit the ball 150 yards which was awesome for her. So I was proud of that.

All in all it was a good day. We had a fun time.

I am hoping to get out for maybe one or two more 9 hole rounds before the season ends. I will keep you guys posted.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment