Wednesday, July 13, 2016

First game of the year after action report July 11

So I played on July 11th 2016. My playing partner was my step son. We went to a local 9 hole par 3 course called Patton`s Glen.

It is a nice little course. I think the longest hole is 120± yards. I think the shortest is 75yards.

I scored horribly for most of the game. I mean really bad. However there were a few highlights.

Let me explain that last year I started working on a new grip as well as I have been trying to get rid of my slice. I have also been trying to eliminate my fat shots on my short irons.

I have come accross a video on youtube that lead me to a new golf instruction site. I will get more into the site in another post.

Off the tees in general I was very consistent. It was my first time on the course so it was tough to judge distance. As well I only have a vague idea of my own capabilities and yardages for each of my clubs. All that being said my step son remarqued that my tee shots were quite strait. I got quite a bit of loft on my tee shots. Used my 8 iron for the first hole but quickly changed to mainly just my 9 iron.

For most of the approach chips I used my gap wedge. For a couple I used my lob wedge. I suffered a few times by skulling the ball. On one hole which has a water hazard. I managed to miss the hazard on my tee off but skulled it on my chip that sent it into the water. Woot! I need to find a chipping green to practice those very short lobs or chips. You know the really delicate ones.

As per usual where I suffered the most was putting. I 3 to 4 put a bunch of times when I should have 2 put max.

My score was horrible and my step son beat me by 6 stokes. He is quite competitive. So that may motivate me or put pressure when I play with him again. Which will be Sunday the 17th if all goes well.

All in all though I was happy to play a game before my annual work tournament. In the last few years my vegas style work tournament was the only golfing I have been able to do. This year though I hope will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment