Sunday, July 17, 2016

My first full 18 hole round after action report July 17th

So I played a round of golf with my step son, his dad and single player who joined us. We started out at 4:00pm and finished a little before 9:00pm.

My focus was to see how my driving has improved since trying a new technique on the range a little while ago.

I was pretty pleased with my drives today. I banana sliced it off the very first tee. However I was not discouraged. The rest of my drives for the day except 1 were mostly strait. I wasn't getting huge drives but I was much more consistent off the tee. As well for the most part my full iron swings were fairly consistent as well. With my 8 iron being the star of my bag in the back 9. I had 1 birdie chance and made par on three holes.

The bad stuff were my chipping and putting. I was afraid of skulling the ball and therefore skulled it a bunch of times. Or I did a little chip that went 5 feet. I lost my ball twice in the light rough. So I could probably knock off 2 stokes if I had actually found them.

I also hit a golf cart that was in a blind spot from where I hit. I think my ball either bounced off the roof and into the woods or they old guys chucked it into the woods. They were polite when I apologized but I didn't buy it. If they want to be petty like that well there are more important things in life then losing a golf ball.

I did not hit a single sand trap. Except for one drive that skipped out of one. My ball went in at just the right angle for a plume of sand to get sprayed to either side and then it bounced out. Lucky me.

I did realize my gold shoes are torture devices. Until I can afford a new pair I think I will play in my running shoes.

I scored a 116 on 72 par. All in all though I had a great time golfing and felt it was a good litmus test for what I need to work on next.

I am now confident with my driver. Which I have never been up to this point. I mean I used to hit that sucker and hope for the best. Now I am confident I can hit the ball 220-250 in the fairway.

It was funny I was early so I practiced putting. I was two putting from about 15 feat away. Man that practice did not translate to the course.

So next up for me?

Working on my chipping. I know I know. Drive for show putt for dough. However When it takes you 2-3 chips to get on. You need some work there. I feel that working on one thing at a time is the way to go. I really worked in fixing my slice off the tee. It felt like it paid off even though I couldn't capitalize on every good drive.  I think the chipping will cut down on the horrendous holes.

I am proud to say though I had a 9 shot holes but no 10 shot holes. That was new.

Well that is all for now.

Good gaming and good golfing folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment