Sunday, July 17, 2016

Took my son to the driving range

So I had a big day of golf today. I took my son to the driving range to try out his clubs and to see if he likes hitting golf balls. As well as played my first full round of 18. (more to come in a separate post on that)

Well it turns out he had a good time at the driving range. I started him off on his irons then I had him try his 1 wood driver. When he connected on his second swing the ball went about 30 feet before hitting the ground. He was pretty impressed. So was I.

He said he had fun. We will got out to the range a couple more times I think before we try that 9 hole par 3 I mentioned in an earlier post.

For his first time at the range I didn't speak in any negatives. I think that way is truly important for him to like playing in the future. I think it is difficult on a new player if you constantly tell them what they are doing wrong. Instead I am going to try and focus on what he is doing right.


No comments:

Post a Comment