Monday, August 22, 2016

Practice with a friend



Hey Gang,

So no AAR. However I did go to my local driving range. Sunday with my son and a friend of mine.

My friend and I are heading to Iroquois to play 9 holes with a couple of old friends who live in Ottawa. I suggested that we go to the range because my friend hasn't golfed in 4-5 years.

I cleaned his clubs and replaced a few irons in his set. He has his Dad's old clubs and I noticed he had two 3, 5 and 7 irons. So I was able to give him a 4, 9 and sand wedge.

So He started warming up with a 7 iron. Then he changed to his driver. I then showed him the driving set up I have been using. It seemed to work well for him. He was getting his swing back when I suggested he try my old driver. You see my old driver is about 15 years younger than his Dad's old drivers. Mine is the "standard" large size driver. It is a Wilson titanium driver with a graphite shaft. His drivers are graphite heads. So my Wilson is larger but also lighter.

It turns out my friend really likes my old driver. He hit is longest drive with it. We slipped it into his bag and he will be playing with it next week.

I also got to try out my new Taylor Made 580 XD driver. I frightened my son the first time I hit the ball. The loud satisfying crack the ball made was louder than he has ever heard me hit a golf ball.

I can understand why there are so many positive reviews for this driver. I liked the feeling of hitting it. As a bonus I got the feel of my drives back again. While my friend was watching I hit three strait shots that went around 250 yards I'd say. I hit the fence of the range. But our section is on a bit of an angle so hitting the fence at the end of the range sounds better than it actually was ;)

My son is getting a bit better too. I think he will be ready soon to take him to Patten's Glen.

My friend ended up feeling much better about playing next week. I am heading to Iroquois early to get 9 holes in before my friends show up. I will then play 9 holes with them. So I will get my 18 holes in. I am really looking forward to spending the day on the golf course with my friends.

Dave aka The Golfing Gamer

No comments:

Post a Comment